Friday, April 4, 2008

Doater sighting: Will and Testament Richard Burberry of Brockham 1824

Will and Testament Richard Burberry of Brockham 1824
I give unto Mary my doater the sum of four hundred pounds. I give unto Ann my doater the sum of one hundred and fifty pounds. I give unto James my son the sum of one hundred pounds. I give unto Hetty my doater the sum of one hundred pounds and all the remainder of my estate over and above hereinbefore mentioned shall be equally
divided between my five children hereinbefore mentioned that is to say Thomas Mary Ann James and Hetty but if there should be losses by bad debts so as it should not amount to the same before mentioned then and in that case my five children shall share and share alike in the loss and my will is that my children shall be accountable for all book debts and notes of hand and all agreements of any kind the same as then and now I hereby nominate constitute and appoint John Hoe Junior of Brighton and Thomas Uwins Junior at Brockham joint Executors of this my last Will and Testament and I give them five pounds each and all reasonable expenses paid them hereby revoking and making void all other wills by me at any time heretofore by me made declaring this and only this to be my last Will and Testament in witness whereof I have thereunto set my hand and seal this six day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighteen. ....

No comments: